The Life Transformations Personal Trainers in Lee’s Summit offer personal trainer tips to try and help clients workout in the gym. Try out the latest personal trainer tip on your next visit to the fitness center.
There are plenty of exercise misconceptions in the world, some of which may be holding you back from your best body. Do the following 5 exercise myths sound familiar?
1) You should make sure to eat before you exercise.
Experiment with what works best for you. Try training on an empty stomach and see how you feel. Then instead of going hungry, enjoy a small, nutritious snack about 90 minutes before you exercise. See how you feel after that.
2) Cardio is more effective for weight loss than weights.
Cardio alone is never as effective as a routine that also includes resistance training. Strength training is essential for building lean tissue, which increases your metabolism and decreases your body fat.
3) If you exercise enough, then you can eat anything you want.
Even if you exercise daily at an intense rate, your diet still matters. To top it off, most people overestimate how many calories they burn as well as underestimating how many calories they are eating. This can be a fattening combo.
4) For optimal fat burn, exercise longer at a low intensity.
Intensity matters when it comes to getting great results so do a workout that challenges you.
5) Unless you exercise often, exercise is a waste of time. Research continues to prove that any exercise is better than zero exercise. So you can only exercise once a week? Do it. Any exercise is better than zero exercise.
Be Consistent: exercise at least 3 times each week
Be Challenged: keep your routine intense
Be Patient: true fitness results take time
Be Excited: find a form of exercise that you love
Follow us on Social Media to get more tips like this! Get fit…Stay fit!